Live performance offers martial arts, dance and music—with a message. This is our Story—A TrUe story of New Orleans.
- Press conference for CCTV documentary: “Journey to the East” will be held at the Liu Institute International New Orleans location at 2708 Jefferson Hwy at 11:00 AM on November 21, 2006. Sheriff Harry Lee and Mayor Ray Nagin are scheduled to speak to the press. All Press is invited to attend.
- The famous Shaolin Temple Warrior team, led by Shi Deyang, the most famous Shaolin Grand Master of China and head master of the Shaolin Warrior Monks, will accompany some Shaolin Fighting Warriors from China and US led by his brother Grand Master Shi Deru (Shawn Liu), in A Shaolin Legacy Show: Journey to the East that will be filmed and aired as documentary by China Central Television (CCTV), the largest television network in the world with more than 300 million viewers in China alone. The network reaches over 150 countries including the US. This cooperation between nations and peoples brings this story of universal understanding to the stage and attests to the abilities of the human spirit and worldwide brotherhood in promoting the greater good.
- The Shaolin Legacy Show production will premiere “Journey to the East,” this live and large-scale martial arts, dance, music, and acrobatics show at Tulane University McAlister Auditorium in New Orleans on Saturday, December 2, 2006. Due to popular demand, there will be two shows, respectively at 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm. A portion of the proceeds will go to St. Jude Children’s Hospital and Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Scholarship.
- This inspirational performance, complete with unforgettable characters, incredible physical feats, and beautiful dance and music will appeal to all ages. The collaboration between China and the United States will feature more than 100 international cast members and will be one of the largest Shaolin shows ever presented by the two countries.
- The show will not only give spotlight to life recovery in the Greater Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina, but will also show the world the cooperation between all peoples. The show will impress upon the audience the old Shaolin Legacy: the Shaolin Warriors’ high mental and physical discipline, incredible body and mind control, and the indomitable spirit that have impressed millions world wide. The show focuses on providing guidance to the community youth, instilling high level of discipline and respect, and showing adults a healthier lifestyle.
“Journey to the East” synopsis: A group of young students from New Orleans, La., join a local Kungfu school with the desire to learn to fight. But they soon learn there is more to the art of Kungfu than they originally bargained for as they face the challenges and vicissitudes of life during a trip to China with their master. Here, they not only learn who they are, but also how to live with others harmoniously.